Gap Between Rich and Poor March 2, 2016

The vast and growing gap between rich and poor has been laid bare in a new Oxfam report showing that 1% of the population owns more wealth than the other 99% combined. World leaders concerned about the inequality crisis have so far not taken concrete action to ensure that those at the bottom get their fair share of economic growth. The report concludes with the warning, “ In a world where one in nine people goes to bed hungry every night, we cannot afford to carry on giving the richest an even bigger slice of the cake.” Jesus, Who in His day lived below the poverty level, said, “Lay not up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust corrupts and where thieves break through and steal.” Then He encouraged us to live with eternity’s values in view, saying, “…but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven…” He also told us how, saying, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

 

Pastor Alex Rockwell

Listen to this message and others here:

https://toolsforhope.com/toolbox/just-a-minute-tools/just-a-minute-mp3-files/